Welcome to our wiki! Read the instructions and get going!

Bo D Meeting 13.04.2014

This is a working document - the minutes need to be approved by two BoD members

Meeting started at 21:32

Participants: claudiaab, railslide, wind

Present online: mahouni200000, mikael

Approval of last report: yes

Agenda

Report about accomplished tasks

  • write a call for BoD candidates and announcement of eGA2 (Claudia) DONE
  • work on http://www.bewelcome.org/wiki/Checklists_for_Board_of_Directors (mahouni200000) OPEN
  • inform shevek about decision on premoderation tool (Claudia) DONE
  • ask yepkio to start a wiki page for his data mining project (Claudia) DONE
  • checking out the state of http://www.bewelcome.org/suggestions/60/rank (hospitality requests) (Claudia) DONE
    • this can be done after the new search has been finished, could be available in about 2-3 months
  • send message to cloudmade (Claudia) DONE
  • Set up polls for new BoD election thorgal67 DONE
  • Starting a thread in the BV group about defining the tasks for Communication Coordination. - thorgal67 DONE
  • Starting a first visualization draft of the organigram. - mahouni200000 IN PROGRESS
  • finding out about domain name transfer (Claudia) IN PROGRESS

Pending BeVolunteer applications

Three new BeVolunteer members have been welcomed and their membership status has been formally approved during the chat.

Volunteer coordination

  • looking for a candidate in the BV group (new post)
  • if we don't find a candidate within BV we might look outside BV
  • teams to contact (not necessarily in this order):
    • communication team (?)
    • Dev Team
    • Forum Mods Team
    • Suggestions Team
    • NMBW Team
    • Support Team
    • Translation Team
    • Testing Team

Communication coordination

  • posts in BV group and communication group
  • post about structure in communication group
  • Newsletter work:
    • revive forum thread
    • ask duesseldorf to help out
    • ask graham for short report about cork hospitality camp
    • ask octobertales for short report about lyon unconference

Development Team

  • there is again more activity in the dev list, several programmers are working on new releases and clean up of rox code to make rox more usable also for new programmers
  • heartbleed bug - we should ask confirmation that BW was not affected and put a public statement online

Front page

Forum thread has been started after this point was added to the agenda: http://www.bewelcome.org/forums/s11222-Updating_the_landing_page Everybody is asked to join the discussion

Other

  • mahouni200000 suggests having two BoD groups, a public and a private one; The public one could serve as communication channel between BoD and BW/BV members. The BoD wants to think about this a bit more and get some more input from BV members. (critical points: trolling, understanding the concept of a public BoD group) -- mahouni2000000 will start a forum thread about this topic.
  • http://www.bewelcome.org/groups/1709/forum/s9898-Co_operation_with_international_organisations__non_profit_http://www.bewelcome.org/grou ps/1709/forum/s9898-Co_operation_with_international_organisations__non_profit_ - there is an IFISO meeting from 29.05. to 01.06 in Utrecht, but it looks like no BoD has time to go there, so we need to find a delegate that can go there or postpone.
  • neo82 wants to resign as ombudsman, so other candidates are needed.

Task list

Immediate tasks

  • posting in BV group about candidates for volunteer coordination (railslide)
  • posts in BV group and communication group about communication coordination (claudiaab + railslide + wind)
  • post about structure in communication group (claudiaab + railslide + wind)
  • work on newsletter (all)
  • ask duesseldorf to help out for newsletter (claudiaab)
  • ask graham for short report about cork hospitality camp (wind)
  • ask octobertales for short report about lyon unconference (claudiaab)
  • contact sysadmins about heartbleed bug and other issues (railslide)
  • create BoD group (wind)
  • find a delegate to go to Utrecht to check out cooperation with IFISO (wind)

Longer-term tasks (derived from the GA)

  • Take care about the new wording for the 'Help the project' item in the side menu (make the possibility to donate and to volunteer more visible) - in progress: Discussion started in BeWelcome communications group. Implementation depends on communications group and developers - can hopefully be finished by March 2014. - (sitatara)
  • Write an emergency plan for sudden influx of members - open - chmac, guaka take care of technical part, the Volunteer Coordinators about the volunteer part.
  • Set up a Spam Check Team (or have it ready once we need it) - open - not so urgent right now
  • Review the rules for the BeActive campaign after the first round - open - will be reviewed once the current campaign has been completed
  • Feature one volunteering team per newsletter - in progress: Discussion started in BeWelcome communications group. First newsletter featuring a volunteer team (in the form of an interview with a volunteer) will be the newsletter in February. (OPEN)
  • Set up a job board - open - The Member Communication Team is currently re-writing the Get Active page. We will first review how that helps recruiting more volunteers and afterwards discuss the necessity and feasibility of a job board. (OPEN)
  • Think about an organigram to visualize the working of different teams, BV and BW - open - Task for volunteer coordinators and member communication team. Can be dealt with after finishing the new Get Active page. Approximate time frame for publishing an organigram: April 2014. (OPEN)
  • Review Privacy Policy (and check with lawyer) - in progress: thorgal67 started a first draft and will soon (~ end of January) open a wiki page to allow more participation.
  • Explore possibilities for cooperation with other international organizations (e. g. student organizations) (especially to promote BeWelcome in non-European countries) - in progress: Discussion started in BoD group: http://www.bewelcome.org/groups/1709/forum/s9898-Co_operation_with_international_organisations__non_profit_ - might make sense to discuss in the BeWelcome forum to get more input. (wind)
  • Explore the needs of local communities (invitation tools?) - in progress: There will be an unconference in Lyon on this topic. (thorgal67, pablobd)
  • Decide on the need of an ombudsman and define the role in such case - in progress: An ombudsman has been appointed. The new ombudsman is user:neo82. He will start a wiki page to outline the role.

Meeting ended: 00:00 CET

approved by: wind - Sun, 11 May 14 23:32:13 +0200 Railslide - Sun, 11 May 14 23:33:25 +0200

BoD_Meeting_13.04.2014