Welcome to our wiki! Read the instructions and get going!

14.06.2007

Meeting started at: 20:05

Moderator: Claudia

Participants: Claudia, Frank, Jean-Yves, Peter, Pierre-Charles

Absent without notification: Irina, Micha, Marco

Absent with notification: Florian

Agenda:

  • 1 approval of last report: yes

in charge of approving this report: Frank, Peter

  • 2 next moderator: Claudia
  • 3 pending applications: none
  • 4 Status report
    • Checking Statutes (Frank, Irina)DONE
    • Checking and approving report (Frank, Irina)DONE
    • Rewriting Welcome Message (Frank)DONE: http://www.bevolunteer.org/wiki/index.php/Welcoming_message
    • financial report (Marco, with help of Jean-Yves, Micha) pending....
    • finding an international bank with online banking for us (Jean-Yves) pending...
    • bringing the discussion(s) about Verification Volunteers to a conclusion (Frank, Claudia)DONE: http://www.bevolunteer.org/wiki/index.php/Verification_and_verification_volunteers
  • 5 Decision about source code

http://www.bevolunteer.org/forum/index.php?topic=856.0 (BoD internal forum. Summary: decision about opening source code has been approved and the suggestion followed that the code will be put online in about 3 months, i.e. as soon as it is structured and main bugs fixed.)

The decision (open source yes, but publication in a few months) has been approved by the BoD

  • 6 Wiki Public?

Clarifying how and if to use wiki as public information source (with reference to the forum thread)

    • Use the White Page to make more and more pages public: http://www.bevolunteer.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Official
    • two separate wikis, one completely public (with copied pages from the other) but with no 'dead end links'(with copied pages from the other)
    • try to make use for templates from one wiki to the other
  • 7 Financial Report

Getting the financial report of last year ready and publish it in the wiki (this is really not so much work and should be done BEFORE we make the respective wiki pages public)- postponed, Jean-Yves will do it by next week

  • 8 adapting Rules and Regulations to decisions of GA

http://www.bevolunteer.org/wiki/index.php/Draft_of_the_GA_minutes#Internal_regulations

The GA conferred the authority to the BoD to modify the Rules and Regulations according to the changes in the statutes (approved by absolute majority) Points that were already decided: * Internal regulations should from now on be Rules and Regulations * number of seats and election modus for BoD: ** there should be 3-12 seats depending on the number of candidates ** to prevent a person not considered suitable by a vast majority to become a BoD member, just because there are not 13 candidates altogether, every candidate has to have at least 10 % of the votes to be elected ** the number of votes each member has is equal to the number of candidates ** each candidate can get a maximum of one vote from each member ** election is to be held with a single ballot displaying the list of all candidates and a boxes next to the names to be ticked (or crossed) in case of casting a vote for the candidate * apply the new membership terms set in the statutes to the Rules and Regulations

BTW: the only 'valid' version of the statutes is: http://www.bevolunteer.org/wiki/index.php/Statutes_%28approved_May_5th%2C_2007%29 / Statutes (approved May 5th, 2007) - it is already linked to from the public page, but needs to be made public itself Claudiaab 15:28, 7 June 2007 (CEST)

Peter will work on a draft for next week.

  • 9 Other
    • poll about logo
      • running till Tuesday
      • if there is a clear winner (absolute majority), no need for a second round
      • fine tuning of winning logo after the poll
    • planning newsletter about current polls, especially logo (if needed)
    • changing the BV main page to the mission and objectives content: http://www.bevolunteer.org/forum/index.php?topic=774.0 (postponed)
    • discipline and respect within BoD...
  • Week Action plan
    • Check with Kaspar about two separate wikis (one public) and check out the use of templates from one wiki to the other (Pierre-Charles, Frank)
    • Newsletter about the logo poll and others (in case of a second round of logo decision) (Florian)
    • contacting Kaspar about setting http://www.bevolunteer.org/wiki/index.php/Statutes_%28approved_May_5th%2C_2007%29 public (Frank)DONE
    • Financial Report (Jean-Yves)
    • Draft for the Rules and Regulations (number 8 of today's agenda) (Peter)
    • Mail to BoD members about discipline and not using the googlegroup (Claudia)
    • check out, reflect and comment on http://www.bevolunteer.org/forum/index.php?topic=774.0 (ALL)

Meeting ended at: 22:00

Approved by (include 4 ~)Thorgal67 22:08, 14 June 2007 (CEST) Fake51 12:56, 17 June 2007 (CEST)

14.06.2007