lourenssenm

Please read our Profile Comment Guidelines before writing comments.

Profile

Good
from maplefanta to lourenssenm - 1 year ago

I have met with Maikel through various occasion and gathering while travelling and living in Europe, he toured me is town of Oss and hosted me previously. We are talking around 2006.

This friendly giant will leave you with a positive opinion about the Netherlands and especially Noord-Brabant. I met Maikel a few times by now and he was greatly ready to help me out. I would anytime return him the favour and hope to share some other great party and travel experiences with him! Meeting him in real was even better than the chat talk we shared together months before ;)

Profile

Good
from alexfromrio to lourenssenm - 1 year ago

several meetings

Maikel and I have met several times (and he was one of my first guests in Apr. 2010). Nice and helpful guy and active personality in the Dutch hospitality community

Profile

Good
from neo82 to lourenssenm - 6 years ago

comment date September 27, 2008, 6:15 am (UTC)
Poznań and later at Berlin Beach Camp

Poznań
We both had the pleasure to enjoy the city tour from andrzej that's where we met first in my opinion. Had much fun together so I decided to stay a day longer and in the evening we were at this nice cosy Brothers Pub (Warsaw After Party-Meeting) were he worn this "innocent" T-Shirt which really harmonized with his big friendly smile:) I'll send you the picture. I like his English with dutch accent. cu somewhere :)

Profile

Neutral
from petrucci67 to lourenssenm - 6 years ago

comment date July 11, 2008, 1:30 am (UTC)
We met at Vince's CS Paella 2008 in Gossau/CH, where he hosted me for one night in his tent.

I had often seen him on Dutch CS meetings' member lists and apparently we had been to at least one same meeting, where we never met. Finally we met at Vince's Paella 2008, where we talked a lot and shared a tent for the last night.
He's a passionate CSer, an interesting, uncomplicated person, easy to get along with. I guess we would have found lots of other interesting subjects to talk about, if only we could have stayed longer.

Profile

Good
from duesseldorf to lourenssenm - 6 years ago

comment date April 21, 2008, 1:58 pm (UTC)
We first met at BBC 2007, then he came to visit me for a weekend in Dusseldorf.

We met and immediately decided we are going to meet again. And that's what we did: We spent a great time together in Düsseldorf with a perfect mixture of sightseeing, meeting people and relaxing in a swimming pool. I am already looking forward to seing you again, Maikel!

Profile

Good
from claudiaab to lourenssenm - 6 years ago (Last updated: 6 years ago)

comment date November 18, 2007, 12:55 pm (UTC)
We first met online chatting a bit about volunteering and our experiences in HC and other networks. Maikel then decided to come to our brunch meeting in Aachen, so Frank and I got the chance of hosting him for a night.

It was really a pleasure to have Maikel as a guest. It was interesting talking to him, he was always very respectful and considerate and we had a lot of fun eating waffles and pizza, drinking wine, playing board games and of course talking about all kinds of subjects from carneval to hospitality exchange to work and cultural differences.
If you get the chance, try to meet him - I'm sure WE will meet up many more times!

Profile

Good
from chode to lourenssenm - 6 years ago

comment date November 8, 2007, 2:31 pm (UTC)
HC Party in Münster

He is a funny guy and interesting to talk with a lot of good storys. Hope to see him in future here and there again.

Profile

Good
from thorgal67 to lourenssenm - 7 years ago

comment date March 7, 2007, 11:22 am (UTC)
at the Leiden meeting in 2006

We had a great time together, talking about languages, Brabant and Beer... (the important things in life)

Profile

Good
from lourenssenm to thorgal67
7 years ago (Last updated: 7 years ago)

comment date March 7, 2007, 12:09 pm (UTC)
I met Thorgal67 at a HC meeting in Leiden

Thurgal is a really nice guy with an open minded spirit. easy to talk with and always fun in meeting.
I hope to meet him again somewhere around.

Profile

No comment given yet
from crikey to lourenssenm

Profile

Good
from lourenssenm to crikey
7 years ago

comment date February 28, 2007, 9:19 am (UTC)
At some meetings we shared the same hosts.

Rik is a quiet guy and when it comes to fun its still great with him.
He can be trusted and i know that we will meet again as we live relatively pretty close to eachother.