Spreading Be Welcome
- say "be welcome!" instead of saying "you're welcome" (when speaking English, as a reply to "thank you")
Comment from Sitarane: That's going way too far!
- leave some flyers in your school, university, mensa, gym ...
- get a BeWelcome poster and put it on your wall or in your office
- spread with some BeWelcome stickers!
- wear some BeWelcome t-shirts
- If you are in an internet cafe put bewelcome.org as startpage (Fabzgy did that on many computers)
The easiest and most effective way is a link to BeWelcome. There are several options availible.
- use buttons and banners on your website
- if you participate on a forum or bulletin board on the web, put your BeWelcome profile link http://www.bewelcome.org/member/YourUsername in your signature or as your avatar
- include your profile link to your favorite instant messanger (MSN, ICQ, AIM ...)
- put a link in your e-mail signature
- use a BeWelcome wallpaper on your desktop
- upload some materials like buttons, banners, stickers, flyers, posters
...(bookmark BeWelcome via this del.icio.us link! saved by 55 people) (bookmark BeWelcome via this Mister Wong link! saved by 4 people)
- add your social bookmark site (vote/add/save tags for Bewelcome.org bookmark entries )
- If you are a blogger and support BeWelcome than leave an entry in our list of bloggers This will be the link for BeWelcome to the blogosphere.
- If you see an blog article about other hospitality exchange networks (like HC, CS) leave a comment about BeWelcome as an alternative.
- actively search for HC, BW blogs worldwide and add comments (like above)
- If you are a blogger trackback to our own blogs posts about BeWelcome (if post is related)
- Edit other wikis such as Wikitravel, etc.
- Edit Wikipedia entries relating to BeWelcome. Put info and links about BW in as many articles as possible, but please try to stick to quote and refer to quite officially published media.
- Translate the wikipedia article in your language http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeWelcome
- join us on twitter http://twitter.com/bewelcome
- spread the word about BW and "like" our Facebook-site
- Join the BeWelcome Group on Facebook
- Create BW groups on other social networking websites
Expand this stub