TeamThe Finances team is in charge of managing BV finances and dealing with everything related. It is headed by the Treasurer delegate of the Board of Directors.
The treasurer is in charge of the management of the patrimony of the association. He makes any payments and receives any revenue under the supervision of the Executive delegate, keeps a regular account of all transactions and reports to the board of directors (BoD) which verifies the management of the finances. In case of absence, the treasurer is replaced by the vice treasurer.
- Manages finances
- Manages Donations: work together with legal team
- prepares a clear financial statement for the General Assembly
The delegate acts as consultant for accounting and financial communication. Delegates can be appointed whenever necessary and are used to gain specific or professional advice from experts.
- Financial Statement 2006-2007
- Financial Statement 2007-2008
- Financial Statement 2008-2009
- Financial Statement 2009-2010
- Financial Statement 2010-2011
Available sources of incomePatronage
Financial help without return (means that we receive money or goods without having to return any kind of service). Risk: those patrons sometimes want to contribute to decisions / discussions.
- How to donate? (definition of the process)
- Donation receipt
Company or organisation can tax deduct 50% of the donation. We need a special organisational status for this, needs to be obtained from French administration (?)
Means constant appeal for donations from members and individual persons mainly. But also available grants from institutions and the government (or EU) need to be applied for (a lot of paperwork).
Advertisement on our website www.bewelcome.org
Was our main source of income. We have considered not to have automated targetted ads from google and minerva, because many of the ads were impropriate, and because of privacy concerns
- Income through products and services, merchandising
ExpensesThis section should be reviewed by the treasurer!
The idea is to give a rough idea of the running expenses, and the general way that BW is financed (not all of this is listed in the official budget). Exact and "official" numbers can be found in the yearly budget reports.
All numbers are per month, even for those things that are usually paid per year.
The term "a generous member" can be replaced by the respective name, if that is what we want.
Server costsBW currently pays 58,60 EUR each month for server rent.
- PUMA (49.00 EUR a month, since June 2012)
- DEER (58.60 EUR a month, since September 2009)
- MULE (23.91 EUR a month, until January 2010)
- BULL (82.52 EUR a month, 2008 - September 2009)
Another server (LAMB) used for development and testing is hosted by a generous member, so it does not add up to the official numbers.
Domain costsWe have the following domains registered:
- bewelcome.org (until Novemeber 2014)
- bevolunteer.org (until January 2016)
- beacadamey.org (runs out in January 2012 and won't be used anymore)
The total cost for one domain is around 6 EUR a month.
Bank feesAs an international organization (please correct if this is wrong), BW is required to have an international bank account. These are typically more expensive than usual bank accounts. In our case it is around 10,00 EUR a month.
We are happy for any suggestions for a cheaper solution.