Bo D 2007-2008
The Board of Directors (BoD) consisted of 9 people who were elected for the period of one year till the following GA.
Members and their functions
- Claudia claudiaab - Vice Secretary
- Florian kiwiflave - Vice Executive
- Frank thorgal67 - Executive
- Irina irinka - Board member
- JeanYvesjeanyves - Treasurer
- Marcojunglerover - Board member
- Micha lupochen - Vice Treasurer
- Peter fake51 - Board member
- Pierre-Charlespietshah - Secretary
Why do we need delegates in the BoD?The delegates represent specific areas within the Board of Directors. Some of them are officially required (Executive, Secretary, Treasurer) and the Vice positions support the delegates with specific tasks and general backup. An organisation like BeVolunteer changes fast and some tasks will become more important in the next years. Every year the new elected board of directors will evaluate the delegate positions and change them if necessary. Read more about the board of directors in the official statutes.
The tasks in detail
Executive Frank - (thorgal67)
The Executive Delegate holds the power of representation and signature in the name of the association, represents the association in all the acts of civil or administrative life, and in justice, if necessary. The Executive Delegate represents the executive organ of the association (BoD), and so can not take a decision without the validation of the BoD. In case of temporary or permanent incapacity, the Executive delegate is temporarily replaced by a vice-Executive delegate, or the Secretary Delegate, who in this case holds the same powers, until the BoD names a new Executive Delegate.
- legal representative of the organisation
- official spokesperson of the organisation
Vice Executive Florian - (kiwiflave)
The vice executive acts as a link between the communication team (which might focus on internal communication and media relations) and the executive tasks of officially representing the organisation. He also helps with public relations, i.e. opinion scanning and acting as contact person for other organisations and institutions. In addition, the vice executive may also assist with every day tasks of executive delegate. He is NOT acting as executive in case the executive delegate resigns or is unavailable, in this case the Secretary delegate has the legal and official obligation to represent the organisation.
- Contact person for Organisations and Institutions
- Communicator and here for your questions about the organisation
- Link between BoD and BeWelcome team(s)
Secretary Pierre-Charles - (pietshah)
- See also Secretariat
The secretary is in charge of all correspondence and the archives. The Secretary Delegate is helped in his tasks by the assistant secretary (vice secretary) if there is one. They draft the minutes of the meetings. In case of absence, they are replaced by a member of the BoD.
- documentation: make public, archive, sort
- informs volunteers, collects important news for newsletter
- works closely together with pr and communications team
Vice Secretary Claudia - (claudiaab)
Supports and helps secretary - will be secretary in case the actual secretary resigns or is unavailable
Treasurer JeanYves - (jeanyves)
- See also Finances
The treasurer is in charge of the management of the patrimony of the association. The treasurer makes any payments and receives any revenue under the supervision of the Executive delegate, keeps a regular account of all transactions and reports to the BoD which verifies the management of the finances. In case of absence, the treasurer is replaced by a member of the BoD.
- manages finances
- manages donations: work together with legal team
- prepares a clear financial statement for the General Assembly General_Assembly%2C_Spring_2007
Vice Treasurer Micha - (lupochen)
Supports and helps treasurer - will be treasurer in case the actual treasurer resigns or is unavailable