Berlin summer camp
Let's meet and shape the future of BeWelcome
TimetableSee the timetable page
When and where
- 12-14 August 2011
- Judo Halle in Finow, 30 km north of Berlin, 5 km from this year's Chaos Computer Club camp - see "Directions" section further down
- Discuss current state of BeWelcome, good parts and bad parts
- Future brainstorm
- Software framework change, possible migration to Drupal - see http://couchwiki.org/en/Migrating_BeWelcome_to_Drupal
- Drupal workshop
- Bug fixing / live coding hackaton sprint :]
- Site feature and usability review
- Party and bonfire!
- Visiting nearby lakes and forests, if weather permits
DirectionsHow to get to Judo Halle. Address: Altenhofer Str. 57, 16227 Eberswalde (map)
By public transport
- Take train to Eberswalde Hbf from Berlin Hbf
- Take bus 864 towards Eberswalde-Finow from Busbahnhof right outside the train station
- Get off at stop "Finow Post", after about 20 minutes
- Walk on to the next corner, take a half right into Altendorfer Straße
- Walk down Altendorfer Straße for 800m, Judo Halle will be on your left after crossing a small bridge
- Be welcomed!
Bus times from and to Eberswalde Hbf
- Simple: The bus runs once every hour, between 6:25am and 22:25pm from Eberswalde to Finow, and between 7:06am and 07:06pm from Finow Post.
- The bus departure and arrival to Eberswalde Hbf is kind of synchronised with the train, so you will only wait for about 15 minutes. Query bahn.de for details, "Finow Post" as destination works!
- Outside these times cycling, hitch-hiking or walking the 5 km is your only option.
- There is a shuttle service to the CCC camp (needs confirmation), I'm sure you can ask them to drop you off at "Finow Post", as they are going by it anyway.
About the location
- Website of association running Judo Halle: http://www.bandsunited.de/ (German only, has a gallery and some history)
- A lot of green, water and a sports field around it, see photos
What to bring
- Tent and mattress (see Accommodation section below)
- Power cable connectors
- Food (we have plenty of drinks already)
AccommodationThere is room for tents around the hall, but you can also stay inside if it's raining or if you don't have a tent.
- Forum thread
- Chat: irc://irc.freenode.net/bewelcome (IRC client needed)
- Web chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=bewelcome (same room as above)
- crumbking (arriving late Friday and leaving mid Sunday)
- planetcruiser (arriving late on Thursday and leaving Monday morning)
OnlineAdd yourself here if you would like to participate via chat, voice or forum:
Not sure yet
(Please add yourself)