Welcome to our wiki! Read the instructions and get going!

06.12.07

Meeting started at: 20:00

Moderator: Claudia

Participants: Claudia, Florian, Frank, Irina (partly), Jean-Yves, Marco (partly), Micha, Peter

Absent without notification:

Absent with notification: Pierre-Charles

Agenda:

  • 1 approval of last report: yes

in charge of approving this report: Peter, Frank

  • 2 next moderator: Dec 20th --> Christmas break; the following meeting: Claudia
  • 3 pending applications: matrixpoint has been approved
  • 4 Status report
    • communicate with Valerie on BW mission and about us texts (Claudia, Micha)partly done
    • write summary of the Guidelines for decision-making to be spread among volunteers (Pierre-Charles)
    • forum category, short description and sticky (Frank and Claudia)pending
    • create page for BW to introduce the current BoD (Micha, Florian)DONE see #5
    • review http://www.bevolunteer.org/wiki/Internal_FAQ#What_are_the_powers_of_the_BoD.3F (Pierre-Charles)
    • ask Internal Communication team to prepare a newsletter informing volunteers of the changes once implemented and discuss the problem of missing notifications in blog (Claudia)
    • ask Jared or Valerie to work on language on the guidelines (Claudia)DONE (asked Valerie)
    • give Micha a reminder call for BoD meeting (Claudia)
  • 5 About us page / presentation of the BoD

http://test.bewelcome.org/about

    • The idea and presentation was liked by those present. The texts can still be changed, they are not the final versions.
    • More volunteers will be added, so that not only BoD members appear.
    • links to the interviews with valerie.
    • integration of the BoD-blog/wiki, so that reports get added automatically,
    • motivation-texts for every board member:
      • max 100 words
      • 1) profession/studies
      • 2) travelling experience etc
      • 3) why we volunteer
  • 6 progress of procedure with inactive BV members

reminder from : http://www.bevolunteer.org/wiki/25.10.07

    • suggestion:
      • send out a first letter to all inactive BV members:
        • ask them whether they'd like to contribute more
        • show where and how (Contact team coordinators)
        • tell them that inactive members might cause an administrative problem quorum
        • inform them about the possibility to become supportive members (receiving this message does not mean that the member will be supportive member, just no answer will change their status until they want to become active again)
      • delay (time to be discussed)
      • second letter: reactivating info again + you will pass to inactive statute
      • no reaction: will be set to supportive members status
      • definition of inactivity:
        • no known active volunteer activity (eg. forum posts, active contribution in other volunteers platforms (FS, wiki, etc) )
        • feedback from team coordinators!!
    • members should be made supportive members automatically after the delay
    • routine should be implemented in the Rules and Regulations
    • Frank and Claudia will work on the implementation in the Rules and Regulations
    • Frank and Thomas will work on the implemenation in Joomla (technical aspect)
  • 7 New Release
    • New Release should be online in the next 2 days
    • bugs should be reported in a thread in the BW forum
    • Micha will check this regularly and turn the reports to tasks
  • 8 GA 2008

We should start planning on where and when it should take place

    • Where:
      • open a threat to look for suggestions
      • we need WLAN and meeting room (preferably good facilities to have eg. video conference)
    • When?
      • two possible dates:
      • 10-12.5.08
      • 31.5.-1.6.08
      • forum poll running for two weeks
    • What?
      • this should be discussed and brainstormed in the forum
  • 9 Other
    • Reminder to change all the HCVol issues/ domains to BV and check out whether all the texts on the site(s) are correct there
  • Week Action plan
    • forum category, short description and sticky (Frank and Claudia)
    • work on the implementation of procedure with inactive BV members in the Rules and Regulations (Frank and Claudia)
    • work on the implemenation of procedure with inactive BV members in Joomla (technical aspect)(Frank and Thomas )
    • Forum threads on location and time for GA 2008 (Frank)
    • contact Jean-Yves about transfer of domain (Marco)
    • motivation-texts for every board member, send to Micha: (ALL) * max 100 words * 1) profession/studies * 2) travelling experience etc * 3) why we volunteer
    • give Micha a reminder call for BoD meeting (Claudia)

Meeting ended at: 22:25

[[User:tgoorden|tgoorden]] - Wed, 25 Nov 09 14:15:04 +0000

Approved by Thorgal67 21:53, 6 December 2007 (UTC)<br />Fake51 19:11, 3 January 2008 (UTC)<br /> (include )

06.12.07