pietshah Pierre-Charles Marais

Please read our Profile Comment Guidelines before writing comments.

Profile

Good
from thorgal67 to pietshah - 7 years ago (Last updated: 2 years ago)

comment date January 8, 2007, 8:21 pm (UTC)
We first met in Brussels, afterwards in Freiburg

He's Pietshah...do i need to say moreI have met Pietshah on many occassions, and he is one of the pioneers of Hospitality Exchange, being a host, guest and volunteer all rolled into one.

He is a positive person with a great attitude and i'm looking forward to meeting up again.

Profile

Good
from gilgamesh67 to pietshah - 4 years ago (Last updated: 2 years ago)

Pierre-Charles welcomed me in his flat, in Paris.

Merci encore

PascalPierre-Charles m'a accordé l'hospitalité pendant deux jours et dans son appart à Paris. Malheureusement il était en train de préparer son départ prochain pour le Vénézuela et je n'ai pu passer avec lui autant de temps que j'aurais voulu. Son coté surbooké ne rend que plus estimable le fait qu'il ait accepté de m'heberger. J'espère que nos routes se recroiseront, le peu que j'ai pu connaitre de lui, sa personnalité et ses engagements m'en donnent vraiment envie. Merci encore.

Profile

Good
from pietshah to gilgamesh67
4 years ago

Pascal est venu passer 2 jours chez moi. Malheureusement on n'a pas pu passer beaucoup de temps ensemble, mais ça s'est très bien passé.

Profile

Good
from vanito to pietshah - 4 years ago

through bewelcome!:)

sorry for my very very late comment!
he is a great guy with whom i spent a very nice day in Paris...live concert, open air cinema, african drum session, strange italian guy trying to talk francais (me2 :))
.......

Profile

Good
from pietshah to vanito
5 years ago

Sascha stayed only one day at my place but we made it very intense :) so many things happened in less than 24 hours!
Good mood on the same wave with a nice person.

Profile

Good
from yulu to pietshah - 5 years ago

He was my host in Paris, for 4 days :)

Pierre-Charles is a great host. You can feel really welcome in his place and, for sure- you would never get bored :) Talketive, open-minded and very hospitable. Thank You for everything!

Profile

Good
from pietshah to yulu
5 years ago

Julia visited me for a few days in Paris, with her friend Ola.
We had a nice exchange together, they are very easy-going guests and nice persons.

Profile

Good
from chou33 to pietshah - 6 years ago

comment date November 18, 2007, 6:54 pm (UTC)
I know Pierre since some years via the hospitality Club as he is the most active member in France...

I absolutly invite you to meet him and trust the guy who spend the last seven years of his life on promoting intercultural meeting and network...
Pierre charles..Good luck with all what you do..I'm sure, you will succeed..

Profile

Good
from pietshah to chou33
5 years ago

comment date March 11, 2009, 6:05 pm (UTC)
j'ai rencontré plusieurs fois Choukri il y a plusieurs années alors que j'habitais à Paris.

C'est un des grands activistes du réseau ! Et quelqu'un de sympathique...

Profile

Good
from kiwiflave to pietshah - 7 years ago (Last updated: 5 years ago)

comment date February 13, 2007, 1:25 am (UTC)
Once in real life, many times in chat and via email

There are heroes in this world. Heroes of belief and trust. Pierre-Charles could be called a hero of hospitality exchange. The hours he spent on working for HC cannot be valued enough. His profile picture might look like a restless traveller (in fact could you please change it to something more ... accurate? :P ) but inside his soul, heart and mind i discover a person full of ideals - and the skills and guts to realize them. BeWelcome, finally, is the key and Pierre Charles is one of the key keepers. He is the heart and brain behind it and would he work in the music business he would be a star. Here we only have very active volunteers and believers. I believe in you and what you do, and i believe in the fact that sooner or later we will catch up again, go for a beer or to the hairdresser... :Dcomment date February 6, 2009, 11:13 am (UTC)
We met for a relaxed afternoon in Barcelona
It was nice to meet Pietshah again, together with his girlfriend Andrea. I definitly got to practise my Spanish skills! We went to the CaixaForum and discovered some weird and some very fascinating art (catalan impressionist joaquí mir) and had some catalan Wine and cheese...

Profile

Good
from pietshah to kiwiflave
7 years ago (Last updated: 5 years ago)

comment date February 2, 2007, 5:31 pm (UTC)
I met Florian once in Freiburg, and we made quite some work together for HC and now here.

It's always easy to get well with people who have common aims/ideas than you... and more when there's lot of enthusiasm. So I only had very good time with Florian :-)comment date February 11, 2009, 5:31 pm (UTC)
we met in Barcelona and had a nice walk & chat
It's a nice thing to meet people from BW at the occasion of a trip. It was one of these agreadable moments...

Profile

Good
from europeangirl to pietshah - 5 years ago

comment date October 20, 2008, 1:09 pm (UTC)
Rome Summer Camp 2008

Met Pierre at RSC, and decided to hitch to Rome together. We did one day of hanging around playing guitar, juggling, waterfight. Meeting at circo massimo. It was great to travel with this guy, good conversation and great traveller. Enjoy summer and the coming year back in europe. If you feel like visiting Utrecht :) Big Smile

Profile

Good
from flohfish to pietshah - 6 years ago

comment date August 6, 2008, 8:14 pm (UTC)
Monnai Summer Camp Vol. 1 (FR) in July 2005
Rome Summer Camp Vol. 3 in Pescosolido (IT) in August 2008

Pierre-Charles is a legend. He was the one that organized my own personal Woodstock - the famous Monnai Camp. An unbelieveable hell of a job what he did back in those days.
Three years laterwe met again at a little Camp in Abruzzi mountains were we has conversation about the different hospex sites, shared information about experiences in organizing camps and a few other nice talks.
Pierre-Charles is very relaxed character, a down to earth person and a very enthusiastic person with great ideas. It is really worth to meet up with him!!!
See you again in Brittany next summer!!!

Profile

Good
from ramiddu to pietshah - 6 years ago

comment date July 8, 2008, 11:58 am (UTC)
i hosted him in torino for almost a week

pierre is really amazing.. full of positive energy and ideas, he is the biggest sharer of hospitality, thoughts, knowledge and culture that i ever met; the living demonstration that shows that all toghether we can do almost everything. i learnt a lot from him, and i hope to see him again, somewhere in the world. see you pierre!! :)

Profile

Good
from pietshah to ramiddu
6 years ago

comment date July 27, 2008, 9:48 pm (UTC)
I asked Federico for hospitality just a few days before my arrival in Turin

I liked a lot my stay with Federico. Simple but complete. Calm but intense. I think that Federico is a rich person; I appreciated a lot talking with him about doubts of life, projects, and also going out with friends and visiting the city. Now I feel to know italy :)

Profile

Good
from mokita to pietshah - 6 years ago

comment date May 3, 2008, 7:17 pm (UTC)
He was my host in Caracas.

Pierre was a fabulously welcoming host. He a very laidback guy, but full of passion about BeWelcome and hospitality tourism. Todo esta tranquilo con Pierre. El es muy interessante y muy sympatico. Suerte Pierre! Gracias.

Profile

Good
from pietshah to mokita
6 years ago

comment date April 21, 2008, 6:08 pm (UTC)
Vicky visited me in Caracas.
Me visito en Caracas

We had a very nice week! It was really good experience to share that time with Vicky.

Tuvimos una excelente semana! Fue muy buena experiencia compartir este momento con Vicky.

No comment given yet
from aura to pietshah

Profile

Good
from pietshah to aura
6 years ago

comment date April 8, 2008, 11:00 pm (UTC)
We are living together!
Vivimos juntos!

Aura is a great girl, active, interesting etc. And great contact to know about Venezuela !

Aura es una persona chevere, muy activa, interesante etc. Y un buen contacto para conocer Venezuela!

No comment given yet
from laarabita to pietshah

Profile

Good
from pietshah to laarabita
6 years ago

comment date April 8, 2008, 10:59 pm (UTC)
We both studied Arquitecture. Ambos estudiamos arquitectura

She's a nice person, attentive...
Es una persona chevere !

Profile

Good
from wakup to pietshah - 6 years ago

comment date March 11, 2008, 6:00 pm (UTC)
A caracas, Sabana Grande.

Que dire qui n'a pas été dit ?

Je suis bien obligé de dire qu'il est sympa puisque je vais retourner chez lui bientôt....

Profile

Good
from andrea_hunck to pietshah - 6 years ago

comment date March 6, 2008, 4:50 am (UTC)
"In a place at La Mancha, which name I do not want to remember"[...]

Él me hospeda 3-4 veces por semana jajaja.
Le gusta mucho caminar... sobre todo en mi cabeza!

Profile

Good
from pietshah to andrea_hunck
7 years ago

comment date August 10, 2007, 3:49 am (UTC)

It's not necesary to describe the richness and qualities of Andrea - I've just decided to live with her...

Profile

Good
from fabaraka to pietshah - 7 years ago

comment date October 3, 2007, 8:36 pm (UTC)
in paris, thé à la menthe & 1/2 :-)

do you still wonder how this BW network goes? whether it's working? how you could use it? who you could meet? who you can let in at your place?... have a chat with pierre-charles, listen to his ideas, experiences and anecdotes, and you'll feel confident the day you registered on this site was a lucky one ;-)

Profile

Good
from pietshah to fabaraka
6 years ago

comment date January 20, 2008, 2:30 pm (UTC)
We met in Paris for talking a while about BeWelcome

I had good feelings about Fabienne, she's a nice person.

No comment given yet
from felicita to pietshah

Profile

Good
from pietshah to felicita
6 years ago

comment date November 19, 2007, 4:13 am (UTC)
I knew Chacha and his family at the beginning I was in Caracas, in 2006. Now they are like my second family.
If you go to Caracas I recommend you to visit them, so you'll get to know San Agustin del Sur, this is the real Venezuela!

Conoci a Chacha y su familia al principio que esta en Caracas, en 2006. Ahora estan como mi segunda familia!!

Si van a Caracas les recomando visitarles, asi van a conocer San Agustin del Sur, eso es el verdadero Caracas!

No comment given yet
from dianacolina to pietshah

Profile

Good
from pietshah to dianacolina
6 years ago

comment date November 19, 2007, 3:59 am (UTC)
I stayed at her house for almost a month when I arrived in Caracas in 2006.

Diana was my first contact with Venezuela, and my home when I arrived in Caracas... it was so great to start the new life in Caracas, with her! Well she's a great person ;-)

Diana tqm:)

Profile

Good
from magata to pietshah - 6 years ago

comment date November 10, 2007, 7:38 pm (UTC)
I think we met in Gdansk, while he was travelling with really good friend of mine. Then we shared some moments in the Masuren region (with also lots of snow!). I visited him in Monnai once upon a time, in the summer time. And then I was invited by him to cook at the Hospitality Club Monnai Summer Camp ( didn't expect that would cook for 500ppl ;)). Sometimes we exchanged some emails...to be continued...

Trustworthy, interesting travelling soul who is always welcome at my place wherever it would be.

Profile

Good
from pietshah to magata
6 years ago

comment date November 10, 2007, 2:06 am (UTC)
We met long time ago in Poland (I'm not so old, but can't remember when it was) and then now and then we met a few times.

I've lived so few moments with Agata, but I feel that I shared lots of feelings and trust.
I hope that in the future like will make us meet again :-)

Profile

Good
from bradwelljackson to pietshah - 6 years ago

comment date November 1, 2007, 12:05 pm (UTC)
He was my host in Paris.

Pierre-Charles is a very gracious person. He hosted me on short notice when I was in Paris. His apartment was charming and I still remember it fondly : ) I remember that he said he studied architecture and only worked three months a year. Sounds good to me! I wish him the best of luck in his new venture (Be Welcome). He deserves it.

Profile

Good
from pietshah to bradwelljackson
6 years ago

comment date November 10, 2007, 2:07 am (UTC)
Bradwell visited me in Paris some years ago

It was just a few days but I've a very good memory of it. It was a nice experience

No comment given yet
from naya to pietshah

Profile

Good
from pietshah to naya
6 years ago

comment date November 10, 2007, 2:03 am (UTC)
I met Naya various times in Paris, some times ago

It's just good memories!
There's some people like that, that you think you'd have liked to see more, but life made it different...

No comment given yet
from jpsabino to pietshah

Profile

Good
from pietshah to jpsabino
6 years ago

comment date November 10, 2007, 2:01 am (UTC)
Joao Paulo stayed a few time at my place when I was living in Sevran (France)

Just good memories!

Profile

Good
from kurt to pietshah - 6 years ago

comment date November 9, 2007, 8:39 pm (UTC)
In Monnai, France he and his family hosted me before the legendary camp in July 2005.

Snoring too loudly, back-breaking labor, hour-long dinner conversations, and dedication to creating something magical is how I've come to know Pierre in the two short weeks I shared his company. Surprisingly enough, he was my first host through any organization and a way to reflect on how I hosted people before and after. Going through a moment of culture shock as a first-time traveler, Pierre helped set forth my understanding of hospitality and cultural exchange. To put it simply, he is someone that enriches organizations like bewelcome.

Profile

Good
from pietshah to kurt
6 years ago

comment date November 10, 2007, 2:00 am (UTC)
Kurt helped me in organizing Monnai 2005 (in summer 2005 ;-) ) and he stayed a good while at my place

It's some time ago but I remember great moments with Kurt!

Profile

Good
from demorganna to pietshah - 7 years ago

comment date May 9, 2007, 9:53 am (UTC)
We met few times at different occasions

Pierre-Charles is a very active person. He is always in the middle of some project. He seems to be a person who care how the world around him looks like. I respect him for his engagement and the amount of work he put into HC and now BeWelcome.

Profile

Good
from pietshah to demorganna
7 years ago

comment date February 2, 2007, 5:33 pm (UTC)
I met Maria in various meetings, and as working with us in HC and now here.

She is very helpful, and friendly person.

Profile

Good
from sigurdas to pietshah - 7 years ago

comment date March 6, 2007, 4:52 pm (UTC)
Hospitality Club Summer Camp 2005 in Monnai, France.

Very dedicated to the idea of worlwide friendship and hospitality. One of the most valuable HC and BW worker bees.

Profile

Good
from irinka to pietshah - 7 years ago

comment date March 5, 2007, 8:24 pm (UTC)
I met him first in Moscow, then in Riga and finally came to Sevran. Now, when Pierre-Charles is in Caracas we communicate even more - working together for BW.

He is a real revolutioner (especially with the beard!), full of intelligent and crazy ideas, and very much involved into hospitality exchange. He will teach you how to play any stuff you have at hand, and how to be really ridiculous. You will love him or hate him, but it is impossible to stay indifferent to this amazing man. Personally I am on the side of those who love him :)

Profile

Good
from pietshah to irinka
7 years ago

comment date February 2, 2007, 5:10 pm (UTC)
We met several times during HC meetings, and Irina visited me once in Paris in 2005 in the "cheese-wine-love" house :-)

Irina is a great person. We met quite few in fact, and even not so often online, but she must be the kind of person you're just always happy to meet or just hear about!

Profile

Good
from jeanyves to pietshah - 7 years ago (Last updated: 7 years ago)

comment date January 4, 2007, 9:47 pm (UTC)
We met thru hospitalityclub, veit suggested me to get in contact with PierreCharles the most active HC member in these times in Paris

I trust Pierre Charlescomment date January 28, 2007, 3:45 pm (UTC)
Small remark considering PierreCharles look
It looks like PierreCharles want to become a barbudocomment date February 28, 2007, 2:10 pm (UTC)
at several place
Pierre-Charles devrait se faire couper les cheveux (test de admincomment)comment date February 28, 2007, 2:11 pm (UTC)

test avec \' et autre \"

Profile

Good
from ieva to pietshah - 7 years ago

comment date February 28, 2007, 10:58 am (UTC)
I guess I have seen him in Monnai camp and then probably also Riga new years camp... Sadly so far we still did not manage to talk a lot in the real world, but we worked together quite a lot online.

Easy going and friendly person with outstanding motivation for the things he believes in :) I'm still hoping to finally have a chance to have a langer real-life chat with him ;)

Profile

Good
from pietshah to ieva
7 years ago

comment date February 2, 2007, 5:26 pm (UTC)
we met various times during HC meetings, and made some online work together

Ieva is an easy-going person :-)

Profile

Good
from claudiaab to pietshah - 7 years ago

comment date February 13, 2007, 7:13 pm (UTC)
We meet online almost every day, used to work for HC together in the past and now building BeWelcome. In real life we met once only, at an HC volunteer meeting in Freiburg.

It's great and very inspiring to work together with Pietshah!! But it's even greater to know him on a more personal level... If you get the chance, meet him!!

Profile

Good
from pietshah to claudiaab
7 years ago

comment date February 2, 2007, 5:43 pm (UTC)
I met Claudia only once... it scares me since sometimes I feel to be living with her: we are always communicating online, about the work we are doing (intensively for months!)

Claudia is a very friendly person, I think we have good time working together... she is also correcting my english mistakes (claudia: drop me a mail if I did here, so I'll test the edition tool).
She's a person who has ideas, and don't count the work when it's for realizing them. It's great.
Trustable, reliable, and lots of other qualities like that.

Profile

Good
from junglerover to pietshah - 7 years ago

comment date February 4, 2007, 6:07 pm (UTC)
Through our work for creating BeVolunteer/BeWelcome.

A true traveler! But also a real Volunteer, who gave so much for this project.

Profile

Good
from pietshah to junglerover
7 years ago

comment date February 2, 2007, 5:35 pm (UTC)
I'm working with Marco on BeVolunteer/ BeWelcome from the beginning

No comment given yet
from hkroger to pietshah

Profile

Good
from pietshah to hkroger
7 years ago

comment date February 2, 2007, 5:28 pm (UTC)
I'm astonished to realize that I never met Hannu! But we talked so many times online while working on BeVolunteer project that I feel knowing him :-)

Well, it's a very friendly person.

No comment given yet
from RETIRED_14 to pietshah

Neutral
from pietshah to RETIRED_14
7 years ago

comment date February 2, 2007, 5:02 pm (UTC)
I knew Henri on that site only.

I'm not in Paris actually, but when I'll be I ensure that I'll bring you to the Catacombes too.
Henri, hope that I'll meet you there!

No comment given yet
from anto4831 to pietshah

Profile

Good
from pietshah to anto4831
7 years ago

comment date February 2, 2007, 11:49 am (UTC)
we met various times in Paris as guest or host, following our situation in the time :-)
Some time later, we lived together for a year.

Anto is big person. Must be 1m85, big heart, big friend.
But he has a big default: he's always traveling, so hard to see him! Enjoy his presence...