nordlichthc Uli Heinrich

Please read our Profile Comment Guidelines before writing comments.

No comment given yet
from Iwanttoseetheworld to nordlichthc

Profile

Good
from nordlichthc to Iwanttoseetheworld
5 days ago (Last updated: 5 days ago)

We met at a festival, already had some common friends. Since then, we've spent a lot of awesome time together.

I've experienced this young man as very laid-back, good-natured, fun and a comfortable person to be around. He's interested in most things and plays most musical instruments. Just don't let him sing! :P

Profile

Good
from caringa to nordlichthc - 1 year ago (Last updated: 1 year ago)

at a CS meeting

Three years too late, I am finally reactivating my bewelcome profile after Ulli tried to convince me to switch. She was smart enough to foresee the downfall of CS. =)
I can't wait to visit her again under the northern sky. There are so many reasons...She has great views about being happy and caring for the planet and being a huge nerd in the best possible way. She is open-minded to the tides of life and, no better way to say it, cool.

Profile

Good
from nordlichthc to caringa
4 years ago (Last updated: 1 year ago)

We first met at a CS meeting in Tromsø, in August or September 2010.

She liked my deliberately irritating CS profile, so that makes her cool. In general, I'd rather describe her as kind and caring. She's one of those persons who instantly make me feel at ease, and I really enjoy talking to her. It's a shame that she's going to move away again soon!

[The following was an update, it's no longer marked as such]
CHOCOLATE MUFFINS!!!
Had an absolutely awesome time visiting her in Olderdalen, hiking in the autumn-coloured mountains, picking berries, gazing at northern lights, cooking and baking, listening to old records, being silly... =))

Profile

Good
from midsch to nordlichthc - 1 year ago

Meetup for a coffee

After some back and forth we finally managed to meet in Tromsø for a short cup of hot beverages. Nordlichhc introduced us into the probably northernmost attempts to spread interest about vegan food.

Profile

Good
from nordlichthc to midsch
1 year ago

He contacted me for meeting up in Tromsø

I was having a busy and chaotic time just before leaving on my Christmas trip, but I did enjoy meeting Midsch and his girlfriend. They seemed like nice people that I would have given some more attention if I had understood that we weren't going to meet up again during their stay... Sorry for that.

No comment given yet
from teitur to nordlichthc

Profile

Good
from nordlichthc to teitur
6 years ago (Last updated: 2 years ago)

In my living room! In Reykjavik, 2006, at my roommates' party.

He's an interested and interesting person, cute, funny, open-minded, smart and educated.

Profile

Good
from Heiner to nordlichthc - 2 years ago

Tromsö

I stayed for two days in her nice place where also others has travellers been the same time. it was in the week of the film festival so shes been very busy. Looking forward to meet again.

Profile

Good
from spectre to nordlichthc - 4 years ago

I met Uli in Rekyjavík when she stayed at my place. We've also hung out in Helsinki and Tromsø since.

Uli is funny, kind, motivated and self sufficient. I'd say a
perfect guest, but she already said I was a perfect host -- and it might look like I'm copying. Despite the "hc" in her name, she doesn't like hardcore, but listened to some politely for my benefit :) Even though I've been living in Reykjavík for a few months, she played the role of guide and showed me some cool cafés and other stuff.

Profile

Good
from nordlichthc to spectre
4 years ago (Last updated: 4 years ago)

I contacted him through BW and he hosted me in Reykjavik. We met again in Helsinki, Reykjavik, Tromsø, and the internet ;)

Perfect host :) Smart, witty, the right kind of weird, and a very comfortable person to be around. I'd planned to crash at his place for only one or two nights, but we ended up spending a couple of days together, going to cafes, having interesting conversations, watching films, listening to "bad music", and other stuff. See you in Helsinki! :)

No comment given yet
from janis__ to nordlichthc

Profile

Good
from nordlichthc to janis__
4 years ago

We met at a couchsurfing meeting, then he crashed at my place for one night.

Janis is a very friendly and uncomplicated person. I thought I'd just let him come over, hide from the cold (my place is badly insulated and heated) and messiness, and go about my usual stuff... But we ended up discussing energy efficiency and all kinds of things and were talking until late at night. Thanks for the nice company :)

No comment given yet
from morganw to nordlichthc

Profile

Good
from nordlichthc to morganw
4 years ago

I stumbled upon his post in CS' Tromsø group where he was looking for a host. I spontaneously invited him to come on a sailing trip with me and two friends, and he gladly accepted.

It was a very good idea to invite him :) He was a much appreciated addition to our little crew, then he stayed at my place for two more days. He didn't mind the limited space and convenience I could offer him, he didn't mind that he was pretty ill-equipped for our climate, especially at sea - he must have been freezing all kinds of body parts off, but he never complained.
Despite his tender age, he's a true gentleman. He's very enthusiastic and seems genuinely interested in different cultures and people. I was happy to have him around, and he's more than welcome to keep his word and visit again to experience Tromsø in winter time :)

Profile

Good
from tobixen to nordlichthc - 4 years ago

She signed up as a crew for my sailing trip, and came to Tromsø. We sailed alone to Finnmark and back again without engine ... the two other people that was supposed to join got prevented in the last moment, and I was too lazy to fix the engine ;-)

I experienced her as a sporty lady ... one of the first things we did after she arrived to Tromsø was to walk to the nearest shop, maybe a kilometre from my home, in heavy rain - we were soaking wet when we came back home, and it was slightly cold at home (I had all the heaters turned off to save energy), but it didn't seem to matter. Apart from the sailing, we also did some few hikes together. She had a fond interesst about the herbs and geology.

She seems to have had more than a fair share of unluck, but it seems that whatever bad is happening, she comes back stronger and happier as soon as the issue is resolved. For instance, she lost her glasses just as we were to leave from home, and she thought the trip was ruined. Eventually we did manage to locate local replacement glasses, , and she got her new glasses just before the shop closed. Nevermind that the glasses were expensive, nevermind that the glasses she lost was a gift from a grandma and that she had promised not to lose them again - she could enjoy the view of the nature, her immediate problem was resolved, and she was a happy camper with a contagious smile on her face, I felt lucky to have such a company on board.

I would have imagined her gluten-free vegetarian diet to be quite boring, but I forgot to consider that chocolate is both gluten-free and vegetarian ;-) Anyway, she is clever with the spices - and she was also liberal on the amounts of cheese, oil, butter, garlic, fresh wild herbs, etc - so I did enjoy her cooking.

Being two persons on a boat for two weeks, most of the time with very little wind, one either ends up hating each other or feel comfortable with each other - from the start to the end, I had no problems feeling comfortable in her company.

Profile

Good
from nordlichthc to tobixen
4 years ago

I found out through BeWelcome that Tobias had a boat in Tromsø and was looking for crew - perfect for me :) I came over, he hosted me for a few nights at his lovely place in Tromsø, we went sailing, and we even managed to reach one of his friends' place in a remote fjord.

I experienced him as a quiet and very laid-back fellow. I'd been a bit sceptic about sharing the very restricted space of a small boat with a stranger for days, but he soon felt like a good friend.
It was a pleasure to see how enthusiastic he is about sailing - no matter how bad the weather or how tired and hungry he was, he'd always look at his boat and the sea and deal with the sails with a fond smile :D He never seems to run out of interesting and funny stories to tell, but he can also pretend to be a good listener :) I kept causing trouble (lost glasses, constantly freezing, lovesick, sprained ankle...), but he didn't seem bothered by anything, and he did his best to make me enjoy the trip nonetheless - with success! Thank you for everything, and all the best to you and your family in Oslo!

No comment given yet
from Spinneflicker to nordlichthc

Profile

Good
from nordlichthc to Spinneflicker
4 years ago

I've known him since I was a kid, we were active in the same youth organisation.

I only remember that he was a quiet guy and a crazy bicyclist ;) and I definitely think you can trust him. He's one of the people I found and got to know better through social networks after I moved away, and ended up thinking "hey, we should have talked more back then"... I haven't seen him for ages, but I'll be sure to include him in my to-meet list for my next visit, so we can exchange more travel tales :)

No comment given yet
from RETIRED_3497 to nordlichthc

Profile

Good
from nordlichthc to RETIRED_3497
4 years ago

He contacted me through BeWelcome, asking if I could host him.

Experienced traveler eager to share his experiences, frugal and tidy person. He welcomed my other guests who unexpectedly arrived while I was away, even though he wasn't feeling well. I found his negative attitude towards many things exhausting at times, but I appreciated his straightforwardness. Good luck in this terrible country ;)

No comment given yet
from mimovich to nordlichthc

Profile

Good
from nordlichthc to mimovich
4 years ago

Ira contacted me and talked me into hosting her and her four friends...

I was very sceptical about letting a group of four people stay at my tiny place, but I did not regret it :) Very nice girls and easy guests. We didn't talk a lot, but they were always sweet, quiet and tidy.
I'll be sure to let you know when I come to St. Petersburg :)

No comment given yet
from djungelapa to nordlichthc

Profile

Good
from nordlichthc to djungelapa
6 years ago

comment date September 8, 2008, 8:21 pm (UTC)
Oh oh, another friendly HC host I didn't manage to write a comment for... My boyfriend and I were staying with him in Göteborg uhm in summer 2006.

Somehow I had a feeling he would be the type of person you'd find on bewelcome (which is, of course, a compliment!), so I searched for his HC username... He was a very good host and an interesting person to talk to. He took us to a tiny hidden Eritrean restaurant and to the local mosque - since it was midsummer, all the "real" Swedes had left for the countryside anyway, and it was good to see that different and fascinating perspective. Thanks again =)

No comment given yet
from earthian to nordlichthc

Profile

Good
from nordlichthc to earthian
6 years ago

comment date September 8, 2008, 6:52 pm (UTC)
Hey, I know this one! =) She hosted me and my boyfriend through HC, uhm was it last year..?

Oops, I never managed to write you a comment, but now you get one here ;)

This earthian is a nice, cute, interesting and helpful one. I hope she'll find her way in life, but I'm quite optimistic =) Good to see that you're off to explore, and if your new nomadism leads you to Finland, you know where you'll have a place to stay!