Please implement GroupWikiPage ::column_col2() or create a file "/var/rox/deployment/www.bewelcome.org-644a61a/htdocs/../build/groups/templates/groupwiki.column_col2.php"
Info for new volunteers
Welcome to the BeWelcome testing team. Join us in making experimental features more stable and user-friendly.
What skills / knowledge do you need to help?
You should be able to describe exactly how e.g a bug appears.
How much time should you be able to spend on this task?
It's up to you, but it needs some time to get into the routines.
How can I join the team?
What tools do I need?
- Bewelcome bug tracker
- Especially this report: What needs testing
- alpha.bewelcome.org the latest state of development before the next milestone release
- www.bewelcome.org the live/production/stable website, use for comparison with alpha
How do I test?
First of all, browse www.bewelcome.org, search and report errors, inconsistencies and other usability issues. If you feel like doing more, you can test new features, patches and bug fixes on our alpha environment (alpha.bewelcome.org).
How do I report a bug or any issue?
- Option 1
- Post your finding to the Bugs group
- Option 2
- On the bottom right of all Bewelcome sites you will see a link called "report bug". You will be forwarded to our feedback form. But this easy way needs support volunteer involvement.
- Option 3
- Get a trac account and report directly into the bug tracker. To get a trac account contact planetcruiser or request an account in the feedback form.
How do I know where developers need some testing?
- Go to What needs testing
- Pick a ticket that needs testing (check at the bottom of ticket comments if someone tested already)
- Test if the original issue in the ticket description has been solved
- If everything's fine add a comment like "tested on alpha, issue solved"
- Otherwise add details of what is not fixed yet and modify the ticket and tick the action 'failed testing, return to developer'
If there are no closed tickets for the current milestone or if they have all been tested, feel free to read through the active tickets of the current milestone and see if something can already be tested on alpha.