An old man prays to God before his death. He screams: "Oh Lord, what was the purpose of my life? To which of the accomplishments that I have achieved did you dedicate me?".
The sky opens, a sunbeam shows from a cloud and the voice says:
- Do you remember, going in a suburban train 45 years ago, with nasty companions, and they asked you salt? -Yes, - he says. -That was it - says the voice.
Let’s plan your Italian route right now!
Explore the country where the first battery was invented by Alessandro Volta in 1779! As well as the barometer, nitroglycerin, and wireless telegraphy were also created and made in Italy.
Now you know that the country has not only ancient architectural styles but also developed science, culture, art and various tourist entertainments!
Here is the list of must-see places which you should visit while traveling by car. Pack your suitcases and prepare for Italian adventures!
What to see in Turin?
The fact that Turin was the first capital of Italy in 1861 may wonder you, but only in 1870 Rome became the next official capital of the country.
Do not lose your chance to explore a beautiful and rich coastline. Did you know that Turin is full of Baroque examples like streets, squares, castles? Come here to see it.
Il Regno Del Sale - amazing salt castle!
Have you ever been to "Kingdom Of Salt”? We are sure that you haven’t, but now you can definitely visit it!
Did you know that 20 tons of sea salt is used to build the cave of this size? And the process of salt evaporation takes near 5-6 years?
You will see the salt crystals which are pressed in the form of bricks. They are used for the walls and the floor.
It is a perfect place for special occasions since the cave is decorated with colorful illumination.
You will be surprised but one visit to this cave has the same effect as three days’ staying by the sea!
Location: Via Melchiorre Gioia, 4, 10121
Distance from the Turin Airport: 21.1 km
Have a look at exclusive Twelve Months Fountain in Parco del Valentino!
The park is considered to be a symbol of the city and is located just in 1 km from the center.
Enjoy walking through Valentino Castle, beautiful Rock Garden, Botanical Garden with colorful decoration of flowers.
Pay attention to unique Twelve Months Fountain or Fontana Luminosa which are adorned with ancient monuments.
Location: Corso Massimo D'Azeglio, Turin, Italy
Distance from the previous point: 2.9km
Do you want to see the collection of exclusive cars? Visit Museo dell'Automobile!
Are you fond of expensive cars? What about Carro Di Cugnot model of 1769? Maybe you are dreaming about Brixia Züst of 1908?
The museum is reconstructed and has modern design. Now there is a lot of space and more exclusive models!
By visiting an exhibition you can find out about the earliest means of transport till todays huge variety of car models. Precious collection of cars and displays will help you to learn more about cars.
Also there are a shop and a café to relax and have a cup of coffee.
Location: Corso Unita d'Italia 40, 10126
Distance from the previous point: 2.3km
Don’t miss a 25m swimming pool with slides in Piscina Comunale Trecate!
Do you want to get fun and enjoy swimming? Come on to the aqua park!
Enjoy swimming from June till September.
You can come here with your friends or family and find great pools for any taste. One pool is 25 m, and another is 50 m which is open only in winter period.
It is time for getting fun by trying various slides good for all ages. Do not worry, a beach zone has enough space to relax!
In addition a good café offers tasty food and refreshing beverages.
Location: Via Romentino 27 Trecate, Piemonte, 28069, Italy
Distance from the previous point: 112km
What to see in Parma?
Do not miss an opportunity to see one of the oldest universities in our planet – beautiful University of Parma.
The interesting fact is that the name of the city was given by Romans to describe round shield known as “Parma”.
You need to explore 5 marvelous palaces, many ancient churches, various museums and galleries.
Do you want to find out who the “great-grandfather” of MP3 was? Hurry up to Casa del Suono!
Location: Piazzale San Francesco, 43121 Parma
Distance from the previous point: 177km
Are you ready to explore a place which was created to attract people to music and its understanding?
You will get a chance to see an evolution of musical instruments and tools from the phonograph – gramophone- radio - tape recorder - compact disc to MP3.
There are precious devices of recording and sound reproduction systems.
Just imagine that this unique audio system is used in Berlin and France. But in Parma it is open to public and for creative people.
Cattedrale di Parma has precious works from 3rd century AD!
Location: Piazza Duomo, 43100 Parma, Italy
Distance from the previous point: 1.4 km
If you want to see the fantastic example of Middle Ages architecture then you cannot miss the Cathedral!
It is located in the center of the city.
The Cathedral was built at the beginning of the 11th century and has precious frescos of Correggio. You can be wondered by some art examples of the third century AD.
Cattedrale di Parma works every day and the entrance is free.
In one word it is fantastic!
Monumento a Giuseppe Garibaldi is of 9m height!
Location: Piazzale della Pilotta, Parma
Distance from the previous point: 1.3 km
This horse sculpture in bronze was created by Arnaldo Zocch. On the horse is sitting the knight. It is Giuseppe Garibaldi, who was Italian commander and political figure.
He took part in expeditions to South America and Europe. That’s why he is called "Hero of the Two Worlds".
The brace is made of pink granite. The whole monument has near 9 m and is a symbol of Liberty.
How to find a car for my trip?
There are a few variants where you can find a car:
- You can rent a car at the airport but mind that prices are usually high.
- If you want a car from a local company, then you have to know that they do not guarantee proper insurance and the car can be in a bad condition.
- And the last is to rent a car online in advance from an international supplier.
We advise the third variant. Follow Turin Airport and get the car of your dream. Now, you can rent a car in advance just sitting at home. Comfortable cars and affordable price will surprise you!
Have a great drive through Italy!
Je suis nouveau sur ce site, et peu habitué en réalité aux réseaux d'hebergements, mais je suis heureux de participer à cette belle idée !
J'ai pris l'habitude voyager en vélo, mais aussi en kayak ou à pied, et un jour prochain, en voilier surement. Mais c'est pour les rencontres sympas que j'aprécie l'idée de ce site dont j'ignire l'utilisation que j'en aurai. Mais que ce soit pour un café en terrasse, ou trouver une douche, c'est toujours finalement un pretexte pour une belle rencontre sans autre intérêt que la belle rencontre.
Et ça c'est bien !
Je voyage beaucoup en vélo , par convictions écolos autant que par intérêt économique et tout simplement par plaisir. J'ai appris à vivre en pélerin du bitume, et j'aime ça ! On voit tant de choses, à vitesse d'homme, le long de nos routes et chemins, que ne soupçonnent aucuns des automobilistes préssés...
Et "les gens pressés sont déjà morts" ! (proverbe marocain)
A bientot, sur ma route, sur mes petits chemins et mes petits sentiers !!
Pour me suivre : Cyclovoyageur.fr.nf
Extravagance and glamour are two things that describe Dubai to the core. The illuminated city lights at night, the beautiful sights along the Dubai Creek, the soaring skyscrapers, the vast desert land or the luxurious hotels, the entire city talks about opulence and elegance. With this description of the place, it is undoubtedly one of the best places to go on a vacation. While there are several amazing places in Dubai that are worth visiting, here we present 10 top places that you ought to visit without fail.
1. Burj Khalifa: The Burj Khalifa is definitely the king of the Dubai skyline. Being the tallest building not only in the city but also in the whole world, it is one thing that you can recognize even when your flight descends onto the city. Defined as an architectural phenomenon by experts, a visit to this building should be the first thing in your itinerary.
Your journey to the tallest building begins with the exhibit on the history of the building, after which you are taken to the highest viewing point, which is quite rightly called At The Top, via the fastest elevator in the world. There is the viewing deck on the 124th floor of the Burj Khalifa, where you can view the entire city of Dubai. The best time to visit is in the evening, close to sunset time, as you would get to view the city in both daylight and at night when the city shines with colourful lights.
2. The Dubai Mall: The Dubai Mall is one of the best attractions of Dubai not only because it offers almost 1200 stores for shopping enthusiasts but also because it is the largest mall in the world. Located just next to the Burj Khalifa, the Dubai Mall is best accessed by metro. While you would find all the international brand stores inside the mall, what attract most people are the Dubai Aquarium and the Underwater Zoo as well as the Dubai Ice Rink built inside the mall.
Although this mall offers several attractions to the visitors, one of the most popular things about the mall is the light and music show that happens at the fountain just outside it. The animated performance of the fountain with some soulful music, with the Burj Khalifa in the backdrop is one of the best fountain shows that you would ever see. The sound and music show is conducted every half an hour, from 6 PM onwards. While the myriad stores of the Dubai mall are enchanting, the fountain show really steals the prize.
3. Palm Jumeirah: Since its completion in 2006, the Palm Jumeirah (the largest manmade island in the world), has become one of the symbols of Dubai. Shaped like a palm tree, this island has almost all the luxuries and facilities that one can imagine and more. It houses some of the best hotels and resorts including the Atlantis, Kempinski Hotel, the Fairmont Palm Hotel, etc. It also possesses residential properties, malls and restaurants. Due to the amazing aerial view of the Palm Jumeirah, it is one of the favourite places for people to go sky diving. However, if you are not a fan of heights, you can drive around the palm although some areas have restricted entrance.
4. Dubai Creek: The Dubai Creek holds the history of Dubai as it is the place where the Bani Yas tribe (Al Maktoum dynasty) settled in the 19th century. Located between Bur Dubai and Deira, the Dubai Creek is endowed with a wide variety of marine life. Although it was the only port of the city, its significance as a port has decreased with the opening of Jebel Ali port. However, it is still quite popular tourist place as it provides an amazing skyline on both sides. While you can walk along the shores of the Dubai Creek, the best way to enjoy this beautiful place is by hiring an abra for an hour or so. In the evenings, you can also dine on a dhow cruise when the leisurely dhow cruises across the creek.
5. Dubai Museum: Today, Dubai is a technologically advanced city that owns several architectural and technological marvels of the world. However, you would be surprised to know that the place was just a stretch of desert area 100-150 years ago. If you want to know about the history about Dubai, head to the Dubai Museum which is located inside the Al Fahidi Fort. The museum provides you with the glimpse of the desert life of the Bedouin tribes, their traditional homes, attires, occupation, mosques, etc. You also get the chance to view the marvellous journey of Dubai from the desert land to today's modern city through a short movie about the city.
6. Dubai Marina: Dubai Marina is a beautiful, artificial canal city, within the city of Dubai. Surrounded by luxurious residential buildings, hotels and a beach, this is a great place to spend your entire day. However, what takes the cake is the Jumeirah Beach Residence Walk or the JBR Walk that covers 1.7 km strip of the complex. Dotted with several small stores and quaint little cafes and restaurants, it is a perfect place to spend your weekend having brunch and walking with your loved ones.
7. Burj Al Arab: Considered as world's only seven star hotel, Burj Al Arab is the epitome of luxury and everything good in life. Located on an artificial island, the Burj Al Arab is shaped like a billowing sail. The interiors of the hotel ooze of opulence and comfort. It also houses a restaurant named Al Muntaha, which apart from its amazing food, is also known for its large seawater aquarium. Even if you cannot afford to stay at the hotel or dine at the restaurant, do not miss viewing this incredible building from the nearby public beach. It is one of the best and also among the popular buildings of Dubai.
8. Global Village: Your holiday in Dubai cannot be complete without a trip to Global Village. It is a shopping destination with a difference. Unlike the several malls found in Dubai, the Global Village possesses 30 pavilions, each representing a particular country. Here you can look at and buy the handicrafts and merchandise of each of these countries and also try out their cuisines. Apart from a unique shopping experience, the place also provides an opportunity for entertainment. You can enjoy adventure rides, dance and music shows, fountain shows, etc. here.
9. Desert Safari: While the skyscrapers, malls and monuments of Dubai are what define the city today, you cannot escape the desert if you want to know about the culture and heritage of the city. As scaling the desert by feet is not very easy and not recommended, going on a desert safari is a great idea. A usual desert safari ride begins in the evening with a ride to the middle of the desert accompanied by some thrilling dune bashing. However, if you want to spend some more time amidst the desert, you can opt for an overnight trip to the place. On the other hand, if you want to enjoy the desert in the sun, several tour companies also arrange morning safaris for tourists.
10. Hatta Mountains: While the modern day Dubai is wonderful and mesmerizing, to know the true essence of the place, a trip to the past is a must. The Hatta Mountains is a great place to go if you want to explore and experience the ancient, yet picturesquely beautiful place. Laden with winding mountains and sand dunes, this is the perfect journey for all the adventure lovers. You can also explore a heritage village here that houses a mosque that dates back 200 years, a fort as well as a museum where you can view the historical past of the place. You can either stay at a resort or go on a Hatta Mountains safari, as per your interest.
Dubai, with its landscape, structures, culture and lifestyle, has the capacity to leave anyone in awe of the place. If you are planning to visit Dubai, these 10 places should undeniably be part of your journey to enjoy the place to the fullest.